Target is pretty easy to shop at with coupons, but there are a few things to know.
- Print coupons at Target.com
- Print Coupon policy HERE
- Price Matching Policy HERE
- Can use store and manufacturer coupon together
- Price Match~ bring in whole ad, check out Customer Service with items
- Use coupons on Gift Card deals
- If coupon is OVER the item value, they can K1 the coupon or price modify
- YMMV on overage
- Rainchecks expire in about a month
- Bring back receipt in 2 weeks for price adjustment.
- .05 credit for each of your own bag used
Get ready to save money and get some great deals at Target!
:: Target coupons: These coupons can be found at Target.com or in the Sunday inserts. These coupons are considered store coupons and can be stacked with manufacturer coupons for added savings.
:: Target mobile coupon: You can now register your cell phone HERE to receive weekly text messages that contain special coupons. You can use a manufacturer coupon on top of this also.
:: Temporary price cut or TPC: A temporary sale price offered on a particular item. Be sure to look at the end date of these items.
:: Gift card promotion: These promotions usually require that you buy a particular item (or number of items) and when you do so, you will receive a Target gift card at checkout.
Gift Card Deals .
Target regularly will offer deals with gift cards, where you will have to buy certain items or amount of items to get the gift card. Many people ask if you can do more than one in a transaction. The answer is YES! The register will know when to give you a gift card.
If you don’t get a gift card that you expected to get, be sure to ask the cashier. I have picked up the wrong size of an item or wrong kind to qualify for the gift card. So just have them take the item(s) off, regroup as to why it didn’t work, and then go and grab the correct item.
You CAN use coupons on top of the gift card deal to lower your out of pocket! One year I was able to stack a store coupon, manufacturer coupon and a gift card deal to get Pop Tarts for FREE!
Coupon more than the price of the item? Believe it or not, this happens. The travel section is a wonderful place to use coupons that don’t have a size restriction or on something that is on clearance.
If a coupon is more than the item, the cashier can do one of two things. They can reduce the price of the coupon to the price of the item or they can hit the K1 key to tell the register to accept it.
Does Target have a coupon policy? I suggest reading and then print off the coupon policy HERE and keep it with you when you shop at Target. If you have any problems, you can show them the policy. As always, be firm, but be nice.
Bad Experience at Target?
Yes, I have had bad experiences at Target and have tried to talk to a supervisor only to call guest relations in the store. If you have tried to talk and solve it and you get no where, call Guest Relations at 1-800-440-0680 and let them know what happened. Be sure to get names of all involved if you can.
Price Matching other stores ads.
Target will price match any other local store ad as long as it is local. You can see their policy HERE, but listed below are the highlights.
:: You can price match and price with any ad, but there are a few exceptions (more on the site).
They will NOT price match:
* Buy One – Get One deals
*% off sales
* in ad coupons
*early bird or 3 day specials
*final prices after gift card, Register Reward, or Extra Care Bucks
*or $ off items.
:: Bring in the entire ad with you.
:: Shop and get all of the items you want. Head to the check out and pay for everything that does NOT have to be price matched. Be sure to tell the cashier that you want to price match the other items. Do NOT pay for these items with the regular cashiers. Head to customer service to pay for the price match items.
Target’s Clearance Markdown Schedule
This is just a guideline as they can mark down anytime, but the below has been true 9 times out of 10.
* Monday: Electronics, kids clothing and stationary (cards, gift wrap, etc.)
* Tuesday: Domestics, women’s clothing, pets and market (food items)
* Wednesday: Men’s clothing, toys, health and beauty, lawn and garden items
* Thursday: Housewares, lingerie, shoes, sporting goods, movies, music, books, decor and luggage
* Friday: Auto, cosmetics, hardware, and jewelry
Holiday clearance schedule:
* 50% off day after holiday for three days
* 75% off fourth day after holiday for three days
* 90% off seventh day after holiday for 1-2 days
If you have any other questions, please let me know.